We need help.
We need you.
It’s our first job posting, and we’re a wee-bit excited. We can call it a job, because it’s paid but technically we are calling this an…
How exciting. So, here’s the deal (aka, the job posting):
BEAT (Brooklyn Emerging Artists in Theater) currently seeks an intern to work with the artistic director on the current planning and preparation for its inaugural festival this September. The intern will be working mostly on helping to plan a benefit for the spring and on the broader marketing effort for the festival. The intern will be working virtually, but with regular meetings with the artistic director and others on the team.
This internship is paid, with the monthly stipend to be discussed. Our hope is that this can turn into a full-time position in the spring/summer as the festival approaches. This is an exciting, rewarding opportunity for an individual who has an interest in marketing and design in the area of the performing arts. We are a new company, and the sky is the limit with us.
What follows are some specific tasks the intern will be asked to complete:
1) Work with the artistic director on all aspects of planning and preparation for our spring benefit
2) Develop a broad marketing message, image and brand for use in all materials prepared for the 212 festival
3) Help design all marketing materials, including: posters, programs, flyers and postcards
4) Assist in the community building aspect of BEAT by helping to attract local businesses to help share our materials with their patrons
5) Finding local events within the neighborhoods to be featured in BEAT ’12 for us to partner with allowing us to share our message and materials with potential audience members
This position is to be filled asap. We prefer individuals who live in Brooklyn, with a strong understanding of the borough, and your specific community. A huge bonus would be someone with experience in the performing arts. BEAT is very Brooklyn-focused, making this a true priority for us.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and samples of designed materials to Stephen Shelley at:
So, there you have it! We’re so busy over here that we couldn’t even retype the job posting in REAL language but had to copy over the jobboardlingo post. But, we hope you will see through that and contact us!
And, we’re serious – if you really like working with us (and of course you will…how much cooler could a job be??), then a full-time role is right around the corner – for the right person (no promises yet though!).
Questions? Feel free to comment below. Otherwise, let us hear from you!